Friday, January 28, 2011

Gone But Will Never Be Forgotten

My name is Carrie I am the ungrateful daughter who sleeps all the time. First of all I want to say I am glad that I did not know anything about this blog until recently even though it hurt even more reading it now.

I am sorry to say that the day my mother posted last, she suffered her 9th heart attack. From that point on I took care of her and also had her life flighted to Ohio State University Hospital where they almost lost her. After being on a vent for a week and coming back to us, I brought her home. From that point on she continued to go down hill. She went through several prcedures including stents and the placement of pace maker/defibrilator. Nothing helped. At random times, all lf which I was home with her and my son, she would say she didn't feel good. Not even 10 minutes later she was so full of fluid 911 almost couldn't help. They managed to bring her back 3 times. I bathed her, changed her, cleaned her when she had an accident, and she was embarrassed. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I love my mother and I took care of her until she passed away in mine and my brothers arms, July 3, 2010. It was a tough battle but she is at peace now. I hope all of you who follow her know. I understand your opinions, and I saw what she wrote about me but that will never change how badly I am lost without her, and how much I love her and I would take care of her all over again just to have her back.

My mother is gone but will never be forgotten. I am leaving her Facebook up because I can't part with her and neither can some of her friends. You are welcome to visit.

3 comments:

joanne said...

I am so very sorry. Sometimes bloggers just disappear and we never know why so thank you for keeping me updated. I am so sad to hear that your mom went through such a difficult time, I know she appreciated everything you did to take care of her and that you will always miss her. No matter what kind of a relationship you have with your mom it is always painful to be without her. In time I hope your happier memories will be a comfort to you. take care...

Cali said...

Please try to remember that this is where she came to VENT. The place where she felt she could get the things that were bothering her off her chest-- all the things she didn't feel that she could say to whomever was upsetting her. She used that exact word (venting) in nearly every entry. Some people have shrinks, your Mom had this blog. Don't be angry at her, she had her reasons, and protecting YOU was one of those reasons.

themom said...

I was finally able to read through this whole blog after 8mths. Of course it killed me because she is mostly venting about me. Problem with this is, she never once mentioned that I have been the one who helped and took care of all medical necessities as well as tax realted issues of importance during all medical problems from the time I was 13. The main ons when she had heart attacks and refused 911 and I tried to get her to the hospital. My brother is like a saint in these posts and to him she was, but I need to clarify I was not the holy terror or piss poor daughter you think. You couldn't imagine what I have had to deal with in my life and here you only get 1 side of the story. I honestly should never have read this blog and whoever sent it to me 2 weeks after she died, should be ashamed. But I have open eyes now as to what she thought of me my life, my family and who she truly loved. Thank you everone. Carrie TheDaughter